About Air Control Inc.
Air Control Inc, owned and operated by sister and brother Mary Connell and Joe Witt, as well as their brother-in-law, Mike Pittman, provides a wide range of products and services in steel fabricating, design, installation and servicing. The company also provides residential and industrial installation and service in heating, ventilating and air conditioning and it builds and services industrial dust collection systems.
Mary learned the business from her father who started the company in 1956. With the help of an Iowa SBDC, Mary, just out of high school, wrote the company’s first business plan and sought an SBA guaranteed loan to save the company following the loss of its biggest customer at that time. After taking the helm as CEO in the early 1980′s, she has moved it well beyond its $1 million yearly sales. Today the company grosses more than $10 million in sales and has expanded its product line into tank fabrication for the ethanol and bio-diesel industries. It currently has five major divisions and more than 50 full-time employees.
Air Control, Inc. was SBA Small Business of the Year for the Cedar Rapids District in 1999. It was also a Carrier Corporation Franchise of the Year. Mary serves as a national Advisory Board member for Carrier Corporation and is a board member of the Eastern Iowa SBDC.s local advisory board.
When Air Control Inc began in 1956, it had one goal in mind: to provide area families with comfort solutions that fit not only their life style, but their pocket book. Today, nothing has changed. Just as homeowners have come to depend on quality Carrier products, they have come to know Air Control Inc as a the source for all their indoor weather solutions.
Air Control offers expert installation and maintenance by a skilled team of factory trained professionals. And with their fleet of trucks and warehouse full of parts and equipment, all your weather solutions are just minutes away. So whether you need routine maintenance, emergency repair, replacement equipment or a complete system, call Air Control today.
- CAGE Code: OECAO
- DUNS Number: 002921328
- EIN: 42-0848055
- ISO 9001:2008
Small Business/ Woman-Owned
- CCR Registration: Complete
- ORCA Registration: Complete
- WOSB Registration: Complete
- 238220- Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioner Contractors
- 332312- Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
- 332999- All Other Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
- 332313- Plate Work Manufacturing
- 332439- Other Metal Container Manufacturing
- 332322- Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
- 332420- Metal Tank Manufacturing
- 332996- Fabricated Pipe and Pipe Fitting Manufacturing
- Over 300 Stainless Steel Tanks for Ethanol Plant Production
- Co-Generation/Dust Collection, ADM
- Stainless steel production line equipment, Maze Nails
- Spark arrestors OEM, Donaldson
- Dust Collection/HVAC/Spouting, Cargill
- Atomizer Starch Drier, ADM, Sethness
- Over 200 stainless steel tanks, Danisco
- Dust Collection, John Deere
- Sand load out/salt dispensers Union Pacific
- US Army Corps of Engineers “Outstanding Performance” 1988
- Carrier Distinguished Dealer of the year 1999
- Neil Smith Entrepreneur of the Year 2006
- Iowa Family Owned Small Business of the year 2007
- Design and installation of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Dust Collection
- CNC plasma Cutting
- Sheet metal roll forming
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Light machining
- Certified weld process including GMAW (MIG), GTAW (TIG), SMAW, (Stick)
- Certified weld inspector
- Electronic drawing transfer
- Inspection methods
- Good working knowledge of various MIL specs
- Laser processing and other processes offered through extensive vendor base
- Quick response, high and low quantity production, and prototype fabrications for commercial and industrial sector
- Specific equipment listing available upon request